Tapenade Olive Shop
Mardouw Olive Oil with Pate Knife Hamper
This luxury hamper focus on the olive oil and balsamic from Mardouw, a farm at the foothills of the Langeberg Mountains in the Breede River Valley.
- Mardouw Extra Virgin Olive Oil 250ml. The extra virgin is a blend of mainly Frantoio, FS17 and Mission olives; each contributing specific characteristic to the final product. It has zero defects on sensory tasting and meets certain chemical tests to ensure that the free acidity (oleic acid) value is 0.8% or lower and the peroxides are less than 20meg/kg. Mardouw guarantees these conditions. The oil is allowed to settle in stainless steel tanks for ±2 months before being pumped off the residue. It is then blended to provide the final flavour profile and kept in perfect conditions until it is bottled. The bottle is sealed with a tamper proof pourer that guarantees that the bottle of oil you open was filled at Mardouw Olive Estate.
- Mardouw 8* Balsamic Vinegar. To this day balsamic vinegar is only made in Reggio Emilia and Modena, Italy, using traditional methods. Production is overseen from beginning to end by a special certification agency like the “Consorzio Aceto Balsamico Di Modena”. This 8 Stars quality product was specially produced with wine vinegar from selected Italian wine cellars. As the natural acidity level is approx. 6%, the product preservation is upper to 3 years from date of production if sealed and stored correctly.
- Kloovenburg Black Olives in a Blackberry Dressing. Something between savoury and sweet. A stunning accompaniment to a cheese platter. Serving Suggestions: Snacks, on cheese/-meat platters, in salad, on pizza & in pasta, bolognaise, fresh baked bread, focaccia & filo tart, or with Dripping Oil, Balsamic Vinegar/Moskonfyt & Egyptian Dukkha as hors-d'oeuvre. Use Dressing for salads & when cooking meat dishes. Ingredients: Black olives, Blackberry Vinegar, Herbs, Garlic & Salt.
- Chaloner Traditional Tapenade is made from pitted black olives, olive oil, basil, capers, balsamic vinegar, garlic, sage, sugar, salt and pepper. Perfect as a pasta topping, just add a spot of freshly ground Pecorino or Romano cheese.
- Kloovenburg Olive Jam, a sweet breakfast jam and a perfect accompaniment to a cheese platter. Ingredients are Olives, Sugar, Vinegar, Brine, Ginger & Lemon Juice.
- To complete the hamper, we added a Laquiole pate knife, masterfully crafted and finished with the traditional Laquiole Napoleon bee. Manufactured in France.